Deep Draw for
Prospect Machine Products’ deep drawing process enables us to add features to sealing components that increase the capability of metal inserts in all forms of seals. The transfer press capabilities to add small holes, lips, rollovers, dimples and tapers minimize our customers’ costs and enhances bonding and adhesion of the seal to the insert.
Precision Fits Built for Rugged Environments
Deep draw sealing components require precision fits to be suitable for very rugged environments. To that end, we provide the ferritic nitrocarburizing (FNC) heat-treatment process to our customers as an essential value-added service performed by long-established experts. Real-time SPC data collection, cradle-to-grave traceability, and enhanced capabilities to view and measure very tight dimensions with precision on very small formed part features have made Prospect Machine Products the preferred supplier of our customers.
Our Deep Drawn Metal Stampings For Seals Can Be Found In:
- Rotational shaft oil seals in gas-powered engines and transmissions
- Valve stem seals for liquid propane engines
- Dust and grease seals in tie rod ends, ball joints and other automotive suspension applications
- Oil and water pressure seals
- Water seals for name-brand home appliances